Associate Engineer, Advanced Engineer at Park Place Technologies
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Marlborough, MassachusettsJob Description:
Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Hardware Engineering • Marlborough, Massachusetts
The Associate Advanced Engineer the organization providing technical support on products and services to field engineers and customers. They will have basic understanding of networking and disk storage along with knowledge of OEM and industry specific tools and techniques. The ATSE will primarily focus on Level 1 technical triage through remote testing and diagnostics. This Associate Technical Support Engineer is a mid-level position. In collaboration with and mentored by Technical Support Engineers, they expand their knowledge base and develop expertise on the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical support as required, to field engineers and customer end users, from remote problem identification, troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair strategy, through resolution on a 7x24 hour basis.
• This person will also provide a bridge support to Customer Support Analysts on open problem resolution.
• Make first technical contact with the customer.
• Verify and clarify details of service/support requests.
• When the problem description, equipment type, customer information, etc. is not detailed or clear, the triage team will engage and validate details.
• Level 1 Problem determination for EMC, IBM, NetApp and Hitachi mid-range storage products.
• Execute scripts for gathering system and error logs.
• Analyze and interpret system and error logs to identify errors codes.
• Identify failing parts, configuration and/or compatibility problems or other identified problems.
• Provide part number and part order details.
• Associate technical support engineers will focus on customer C.A.R.E to ensure the most effective and efficient support model is being leveraged. This will also ensure the best utilization of our L3 engineering team (SME). The core function of customer care by our ATSE team will consist of the following:
o Categorize technical scope and requirements
o Asses situations through data collection and categorization
o Recommend best course of action based on assessments
o Execute recommended action plans to resolve requests whenever possible
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education Associate's degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology), Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Experience Ideally candidate will possess a minimum of two (2) years' related experience performing systems analysis, system diagnostics and solution design multiple platforms, or equivalent experience working with specific platform.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Experience working in a professional and consultative manner with customers, management and platform vendor support requirements.
Expert working knowledge of specific operating environments, connectivity and networks.
Proven ability to effectively mentor and guide others in resolving complex technical data center hardware issues.
Certifications or Licenses Must possess a valid driver's license and an appropriate driving record based on the position requirements.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, Suppliers, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Basic business accounting and finance skills.
Other: Strong organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills.
Superb ability to manage time and prioritize, manage multiple high priority projects, have sense of urgency. Self-directed, driven and results oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Long periods of time sitting at a desk (daily).
• Manual dexterity to type on computer keyboard and operate general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision at close distances.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Office environment (closed climate).