Senior Claims Director at Chubb
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Our award winning Claim Department has an exciting career opportunity for an individual who enjoys independent problem solving and utilization of their interpersonal and collaboration skills to build relationships with insureds, agents and internal business partners. This claim examiner position is a part of North American Financial Lines Claims and is based in our Simsbury, CT office. The individual in this role will be handling Directors & Officers liability claims.
- Manage complex professional liability claims across multiple jurisdictions;
- Timely and accurately analyze and address coverage issues under Health Care, Private, and Not-for-Profit Directors & Officers Liability policies;
- Conduct timely and effective investigations through appropriate use of internal and external resources that are in compliance with Financial Lines Best Practices protocols;
- Effectively document all relevant events in a timely and efficient manner as case facts are developed, to include an evaluation of liability, damages and exposure;
- Set timely and accurate indemnity and expense reserves. Manage reserves throughout the life cycle of each claim with appropriate documentation supporting any reserve changes;
- Complete timely and concise claim reports;
- Oversee defense counsel through effective use of litigation management strategies to include the development of case specific agendas that direct accountability of counsel throughout the life cycle of a claim file;
- Travel to and attend meetings, mediations, settlement conferences and trials as needed;
- Build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers to include insureds, counsel, and producers;
- Proactively manage a claim inventory of primary files in accordance with Financial Lines Best Practices;
- Adhere to all statutory regulations and Unfair Claims Practices Acts requirements.
- Articulate in both written and oral communication;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high caliber customer claim service;
- Advanced listening and negotiation skills;
- Advanced knowledge of and attention to detail in, insurance coverage and contracts;
- Strong investigative and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational skills to manage a claim inventory independently with limited supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and maintain business relationships with a wide spectrum of people internally and externally;
Strong collaboration skills,
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Juris Doctorate preferred.
5+ years of claims handling experience; Directors & Officers claims experience required.