2067 - Systems Engineer at IndraSoft
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Job Number: 2067
Job Location: Hampton, VA
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Systems Engineer. The candidate will be a highly motivated individual, who works well as part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of system engineers, system administrators, system analyst, information security analyst, and configuration management personnel.
The Systems Engineer will perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary and support facilities and/or equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent – May substitute the equivalent in a combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Proficient and in managing System Administration and Configuration for Microsoft.
- Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server.
- Proficient in the management of MS based Network infrastructure and managing web based applications within an enclave environment.
- Experience implementing MS based architectures in DoD environments.
- Experience administering and configuring systems to DoD and DISA STIG policies.
- Experience administering and performing vulnerability assessments.
- Experience developing system and/or software testing processes, scripts.
- General understanding of software engineering best practices and processes such as CMMI.
- Must have a DoDI 8570 IAT Level II certification or be qualified to attain one within three months of hire.
- Must have a CompTIA Security + certification as a minimum.
- Must be qualified to attain a TS/SCI clearance or have had one in the past year.
- Experience with VPN technologies, configuration, and management in a secure environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Responsible for all activities related to the administration and configuration of SQL Server Databases.
- Responsible for all activities related to the administration and configuration of Windows Server environments.
- Responsible for all activities related to the administration and configuration of IIS Server environment.
- Provide testing know-how in for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications. Direct and/or participates in all phases of testing, risk management assessments, and software/hardware development with emphasis on test of user requirements, test design, and test tools selection.
- Develop and manage system and software test scripts and test packages in support of testing activities.
- Assist a development team with the installation, configuration and administration of development, test and operational environments.
- Ability to listen to the customer’s concerns and address those concerns in an intelligent manner.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.