Sanitation Supervisor at Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Hayward, CaliforniaJob Description:
Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Job ID 2018-1195
# of Openings 2
Job Field Sanitation
Targeted Job Start Date 3/1/2018
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Shift Third Shift
Responsible for sanitation and cleanliness throughout the plant. Perform all duties and activities in accordance with safety, quality and food security policies in order to ensure product that meets the standards of our customers and our company.
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation of sanitation protocols and safety measures to achieve AJIWIN regulatory agency regulations (SSOP, GMP, OSHA, SQF, etc.).
- Ensures shut-down processes are followed to ensure proper sanitation.
- Monitors the daily activities of assigned staff, providing instructions and performance feedback to ensure that productivity and quality objectives are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves process and equipment problems, using available resources to maintain sanitation, productivity and quality levels.
- Implements approaches to improve quality and productivity by developing new ideas, improving processes, and planning for upcoming equipment or process changes
- Performs additional tasks to support plant operations.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
- Oversees all sanitation personnel to ensure work is being performed to SSOPs.
- Ensures all sanitation is done to third party auditor compliance
- Will work closely with QA/QC to ensure all sanitation policies ensure the plant is, and stays, in a food safe manner
- Maintains an adequate supply of all the necessary chemicals, supplies and equipment to perform all sanitation tasks, as required.
- Keeps a Master Sanitation Schedule of items that requires periodic attention.
- Responsible for buildings and grounds upkeep
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Productivity/quality standards: cleanliness
- Productivity/quality standards: continuous product/process improvement
- Staffing, training, scheduling, and utilization
- Sanitation Records Management
- Inventory Control
- Start-up and Shut-down efficiencies
- Compliance with regulatory agencies
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Vendor relations
- Safety standards and procedures: employees
- Safety standards and procedures: equipment
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years previous sanitation experience, preferably in a food grade manufacturing facility. Minimum 1 year experience in sanitation
- Food processing and techniques
- Food Safety & Quality Assurance concepts and techniques
- Sanitation concepts and techniques
- Chemical properties of sanitizers and cleaners
- OSHA, SSOP, SDS, HACCP, FSIS, USDA policies and regulations
- Supervisory concepts and procedures
- Food processing equipment
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Presentation Skills - ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations.
Analytical - ability to independently perform, mentor and manage others in conducting complex technical analysis of manufacturing data, statistical process control (SPC) and supplier performance.
Leadership - ability to act as team leader for special task assignments; providing leadership in development of skills and knowledge for team members; demonstrated ability to develop subordinates by driving, delegating, supporting, coaching, and empowering.
Mentoring - ability to mentor other team members in technical knowledge and management skills.
Communication Skills - excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills.
Organizational Skills - excellent people and organizational skills.
Judgment/Decision Making - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate business judgement and recommendations independent of supervisor.
Computer Skills - working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Other - ability to elicit internal and external support; good interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure and short time lines, prioritizing multiple projects with various simultaneous deadlines, as well as attention to detail with accuracy.