Underwriter Opportunities at Delta Dental of California
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Mechanicsburg, PA, US
THIS POSITION IS A FULL TIME, LIMITED DURATION POSITION AND MAY BE LOCATED IN THE SAN FRANCISCO, GEORGIA, OR PENNSLYVANIA OFFICE
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL OF CALIFORNIA:
Take the next step in your career with limitless opportunities! Join one of the most innovative dental benefits leader in the industry! Our diverse list of satisfied clients ranges from Fortune 100 companies and public agencies to individuals and families. During this time, the company has grown exponentially, due to the many dedicated and committed employees that are upholding our mission to advance dental health and access through exceptional dental benefits service, technology and professional support. Find out more on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
We have entry level and experienced underwriter openings in our Alpharetta, GA, Mechanicsburg, PA and San Francisco, CA locations. Responsibilities include evaluating potential risk for small to large and complex new and renewing groups. Specific responsibilities include:
* Reviewing, analyzing and developing financially sound rates based on risk assessment and or evaluation.
* Determining appropriate benefit changes for the groups based on assessment of risk, ensuring balance between financial stability and market competition.
* Participating in broker and client presentations that includes explanation of rating strategy and methodology used.
* BA/BS degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or Accounting. Candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
* Experience with MS Office suite (Excel, Word and Outlook); Access preferred.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated experience using data-driven decision making.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate matters to business stakeholders.
* Must be self-directed, flexible, resourceful, adaptable, influential and have the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
* Cross functional team and relationship building skills with the ability to bridge technical requirements and business needs to help drive solutions.
* Demonstrated multi-faceted systems thinking that incorporates consideration of business strategy, functional, technical, operational and financial criteria.
* Ability to conduct presentations.
As an eligible candidate for a position at Delta Dental, you must possess the following:
* Ability to appear for work on time
* Ability to appear at a physical location
* Ability to perform job duties for a specific duration of time
* Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
* Ability to interact well with co-workers
* Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures
* Ability to accept constructive criticism
* Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and adhere to scheduled shifts
* Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
* Ability to maintain current status on projects
* Ability to stay current on training/issues in field
Effective service depends upon each employee performing his/her duties to the best of his/her abilities; frequent absences can disrupt business operations and create additional work for coworkers; prompt and regular attendance is critical to the success of the company's mission; employees are encouraged to be conscientious concerning attendance to avoid any potential disciplinary action.
How To Apply
Amount of Travel
Work At Home