Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
In this role you will be responsible for performing duties to prepare quotes, process and fill orders, provide assistance in coordinating and expediting customer and branch inquiries and orders.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Assisting customers and branches in estimating needs and quote prices on parts, replacements, labor, repairs, and other charges; submit for approval; check availability of stock, back order status, vendor schedules, branch stock, shipping dates; quote prices, write order and process; verify orders and correspondence
* Expedite order inquires; check status of order, capabilities; follow up back orders, issue tracers on lost orders; establish order or stock disposition and notify customer or branch; receive and store parts in designated locations; maintain record files regarding locations, quantities and the like. Investigate defects, damages, incorrect shipments, lost orders and the like; notify supervision of any discrepancies.
* Expedite work orders; bill completed work. Maintain records and status of work, inventory of shafting, mechanical and hydraulic components, tool, equipment and supplies, daily orders, phone calls, customer part number files, monthly recaps.
* Perform calibration of gages used for final accept/reject criteria.
* Work from work orders, quotes, customer specifications, written, and verbal instructions in various shop areas including gearing assembly, reducer repair, hydraulic assembly and general machining.
* Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Equivalent to specialized training equal to two years college study. Over one and up to three years experience.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.