Strategic Sourcing Specialist at LifeNet Health
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Virginia Beach, VirginiaJob Description:
Category: General & Administrative
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location.
As a Strategic Sourcing Specialist, you would be responsible for sourcing and negotiating supplies, equipment and services from new suppliers for LifeNet Health on a global level while ensuring existing Sourcing Policies and requirements are met.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Acts as the primary sourcing specialist for all new global LifeNet Health requirements under the guidance of the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Pursues alternate materials for specific At-Risk and Single/Sole sourced materials in order to reduce LifeNet Health risk to recoveries and production.
- Leads and collaborates on the LifeNet Health Value Analysis teams for supply/supplier shifts and approvals in support of risk mitigation efforts.
- Provides Purchasing Master Data functionality and guidance to ensure new/alternate materials and Suppliers are initialized correctly within SAP to reduce downstream churn in Purchasing and Accounts Payable functions.
- Responsible for the Purchasing portion of the Supplier Selection and Qualification process.
- Assists the Strategic Sourcing Manager in High Value/High Risk materials management.
- Bachelor's Degree in supply (chain) management, business administration, or related discipline
- CPSM Certification from the Institute of Supply Management. Obtained within two (2) years in position
- 2 years' experience in modern sourcing and procurement
- 1 year experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Interpersonal Skills - Leads Teams, works to build consensus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Attention to Detail - Pursues quality in accomplishing tasks; ensures accuracy and completeness
- Contract Documents - Ability to understand, review and revise complex contract documents and Financial reports (D&B)
- 5 years of Sourcing-specific Experience related to automated systems; Demonstrated experience with Sourcing Portal (S2P) functions
- 1 year in Regulated Industry - FDA-based
- 2 years' experience using SAP
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.