Compliance Engineer at Electrical Reliability Services
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
eti of Electrical Reliability Services (a division of Vertiv) is currently seeking an experienced Compliance Electrical Engineer to support our service offerings in the Pleasanton, CA area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate within 50 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Perform inspections and tests on electrical equipment to determine compliance with applicable codes and standards. Manage medium-sized projects including the supervising and coordination of any sub-contractor and client actives with limited supervision.
• Perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment-labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
- Perform power system measurements and analysis utilizing various types of recording instruments.
- Perform routine field tests of electrical equipment and components.
- Perform job walks, develop man-hour estimates and pricing and promote sales of large labeling and equipment evaluation projects.
- Write detailed inspection reports that assist the electrical inspection jurisdiction having authority with installation approval.
• May perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- Four-year degree or graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent, prefer BSEE.
- 4-5 years of work experience in field evaluations of electrical distribution systems. Similar experience with National Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL’s) will be considered as well.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards associated with electrical distribution system field evaluations, NFPA 790 and 791 standards in particular.
- Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with clients, peers, subordinates and management.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Outlook programs.
- Willing to do some overnight travel to cover field region and attend company meetings.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.