Mechanical Integrity Specialist at Kinder Morgan
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Savannah, Georgia
The Mechanical Integrity Specialist is responsible for collection and analysis of mechanical integrity data within the LNG terminal. This will include working with contract inspectors, mechanical integrity engineers and other plant maintenance, operations and management personnel regarding the mechanical integrity of piping systems and vessels at the LNG terminal.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect and monitor the condition of pressure equipment (vessels, columns, piping, exchangers, relief valves, tanks, etc.) with the purpose of detecting corrosion or other physical phenomena that may lead to an unacceptable level of risk, an unsafe condition, failure of the equipment, or deterioration of its intended function.
- Consult with technical staff to develop equipment inspection intervals, alterations of operations to reduce pressure equipment degradation rates, and when required, maintenance recommendations.
- Engage supervision and/or technical staff when inspection data reveals equipment near or past retirement, due to wall loss or other damage mechanisms.
- Identify preparatory work that must be performed before an inspection can be performed and inspection support requirements.
- Inspect non-pressure retaining components that affect the integrity of the pressure equipment including, but not limited to, foundations, fireboxes, stacks, structural members, tank seals, spring hangers, etc.
- Document inspection findings (thickness readings, visual inspections, and specialized NDE inspections) in the Plant Condition Monitoring Software (PCMS).
- Develop and maintain equipment inspection drawings, including equipment diagrams and piping isometrics in accordance with site procedures.
- Analyze inspection data against expected corrosion and damage mechanisms to determine the condition of equipment.
- Communicate inspection results to mechanical integrity engineer to update RBI model, inspection strategy, and schedule.
- Maintain daily contact with operations and maintenance personnel to be aware of changes in operating conditions that could affect the performance of pressure equipment.
- Issue recommendations and develop repair procedures for pressure equipment based upon inspection findings and the expected performance of the equipment.
- Involve the mechanical integrity engineer in all repairs or alterations to pressure vessels.
- Perform quality assurance on repairs and new fabrication of pressure equipment.
- Participate in and support activities such as MOC Technical Review and CCD revalidations.
- 2 or 4-year degree in technical discipline
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in mechanical integrity related inspections
- Experience working in facilities containing flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure systems
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- API 570, API 510 or API 653 certification (prefer all three)
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
- Must possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Computer skills (competent in MS Office and Integrity Data Management software - PCMS preferred)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells
- May work in low-lit areas
- Be available for shift work when applicable
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Prefer experience at an LNG facility, a refinery, or a petrochemical facility
- Prefer knowledge of NDE inspection techniques
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Project/construction/commissioning and normal operations phase responsibilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.