Research Associate 1 at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
- Support the purification of a variety of molecular biology enzymes and nucleic acid binding proteins to aid in our growing product lines.
- Identify, locate, and retrieve chemicals, sub-assemblies, or supplies for production builds. Purchase supplies as needed.
- Complete routine in-process assays, including SDS-PAGE gels as well as standard protein characterization assays and contamination assays.
- Work as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- Execute inventory control of reagents, chemicals, and supplies using proper labeling and computerized systems.
- Maintain general lab organization (6S) of lab supplies, equipment and reagents.
- Other duties that may be determined by management.
- 0 to 2 years of experience in protein purification or related Engineering / Biochemistry Field.
- 1 to 2 year of laboratory experience.
- A basic understanding of the theory of protein purification, including the basis of chromatography and other downstream techniques.
- High level of technical proficiency, initiative, independent thought, and collaborative ability.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Additional experiences that are desired, but not mandatory:
- CGMP Experience
- Hands-on experience with automated FPLC systems (e.g. the AKTA platform)
- Experience working in an Operational Excellence Culture
- Computerized Inventory Control ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Computerized Compliance systems (e.g. EtQ Reliance)
- B.S. in biochemical engineering, biochemistry, protein biochemistry or related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf