Nurse Practitioner & RN Case Manager at St. Croix Hospice
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Topeka, KansasJob Description:
As part of St. Croix Hospice, you’ll join an award-winning organization committed to your success by providing the best training, support and culture. St. Croix Hospice will raise the standard of quality care by investing in your growth and development. We are seeking to fill the following openings:
- Registered Nurse Case Manager
- Hospice Nurse Practitioner
St. Croix Hospice is an award-winning CHAP accredited hospice program. We have full time opportunities available and offer competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse Case Manager
Job Description Summary
The registered nurse case manager plans, organizes and directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home care preferred.
- Current licensure in State and CPR certification.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
Job Title/Position: Hospice Nurse Practitioner
Job Description Summary
The Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with advanced graduate education and clinical training who provides comprehensive hospice services in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act and under the supervision of a collaborating physician. He/She provides hospice care through the evaluation and assessment of the health history, health promotion, diagnosing medical conditions, management of health problems by directing and developing the plan of care, prescribing medications or treatments, coordinating and collaborating with patients, families and other healthcare practitioners. Under the supervision of a physician, the nurse practitioner visits patients, completes physical assessments, performs face to face assessments and evaluates hospice eligibility as assigned in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team. The nurse practitioner builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the need of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Current nursing licensure in State and CPR certification.
- Master's degree with a minimum of one (1) year Nurse Practitioner experience and a minimum of one (1) year hospice or palliative care experience.
- Certification in a specialist area preferred; (e.g. Hospice and Palliative Nursing (CHPN), Pediatrics or Geriatrics)