Sales Representative, 3M Personal Safety Division∞ (Wisconsin) at 3M
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. 3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M is seeking a Sales Representative for the Safety & Graphics Business Group, Personal Safety Division, located in the State of Wisconsin, plus the UP of Michigan.
The person hired for the position Regional Manager, Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) & Fire Solutions will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to customer, distributor, 3M personnel and new product development teams for 3M’s Personal Safety Division, SCBA (Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus) & Fire Solutions products.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: https://3m.itsmycareer.com/?kw=3m/careers&kid=76553549501761&cid=wR17UUM7037P993C1E8RE5E8&src=bing
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing sales opportunities to targeted user segments.
- Provide training and education to authorized distributors on products and sales.
- Submit information from distributors and end users to assist the company in programs and product improvements to enhance 3M/Scott Safety’s position in the marketplace as required.
- Represent 3M/Scott Safety at trade associations, industry meetings, fire schools, combat challenges and conferences providing liaison between distributors and customer users.
- Expand, develop, enhance, and manage territory distribution/agent networks.
- Develop and implement distributor annual business plans.
- With the distributor, develop and implement key user account strategic and tactical plans that insure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales and profit goals.
- Achieve annual territory business plan sales, marketing, profit, and budget goals.
- Prepare and execute sales proposals, contracts, letters, and other customer correspondence.
- Provide selective reports to management on competitive offerings, pricing, key market information, forecasts for bookings and shipments, and new product developments.
- Product & New Product Introduction (NPI) involvement including working with cross functional teams to identify and develop products, assisting in field evaluations and assisting with claim substantiation.
- Provide technical support to distributors, agents and key end users within region (State of Wisconsin and portion of MI Upper Peninsula).
- Willingness to work on some nights and weekends, due to large majority of fire departments being volunteer status.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Three (3) combined years of Safety and/or Industrial Sales experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience with CRM and Microsoft & iOS apps
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing distribution partners
- Current, Valid Drivers license is required, as you will be issued a company vehicle for this position
- Bachelor degree or higher Chemistry, Engineering, Physics or Marketing is preferred
- Commercial Experience with technical products
- 5 years of Sales experience in Safety or Industrial Sales preferred
- Experience as a manufacturer representative (direct or agent) in the US Fire Service Industry.
- Skills include: Interpersonal selling, negotiation, public speaking and project leadership
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
Location: Open to location within state of Wisconsin;
Sales Territory: State of Wisconsin and MI Upper Peninsula
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.