Lead Embedded IoT Firmware Engineer at People Connect Staffing
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
LOCATION: FOSTER CITY, CA
No relocation available
Looking for a startup that is very well funded, is so innovative that they are the only player in the field and has customers?
Our client is looking for a talented Lead Embedded Firmware Engineer with extensive embedded systems software experience to help build their next generation product.
The client is a well-funded startup with a team or highly motivated and seasoned veterans looking to revolutionize the 125-year-old metal plate system and bringing it into the 21st century. They are transforming it into an innovative, multi-functional digital display and offering a major aesthetic and design upgrade for the only part of the vehicle that has remained unchanged since the automobile debuted.
This smart device is an Internet of Things (IoT) platform that offers unlimited opportunities for applications, including DMV registration automation, hyper-local messaging, telematics and vehicle management.
What you will be responsible for doing as Lead Embedded Firmware Engineer: Leading firmware development for the license plate platform products. Working cross-functionally to bring a product from concept to production. Developing and maintaining a team environment.
Qualifications and skills you must have as Lead Embedded Firmware Engineer:
- Strong understanding of RTOS, system architecture, and testing methodology for a consumer level product.
- Capable of hands-on coding when needed/necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience in firmware/software development.
- 3+ years of experience developing and delivering firmware for consumer-level electronics.
- 7+ years of working experience on embedded processors.
- 5+ year of ARM microcontroller experience (Freescale, Atmel, ST…etc.).
- 5+ year hands-on coding of RTOS experience (FreeRTOS, ThreadX…etc.).
- Good understanding of multi-threaded embedded system concepts including tasks, priorities, deadlocks…etc.
- Middleware development experience on embedded systems including:
1.Bluetooth software stacks.
2.4G LTE modem AT command protocol.
3.Network security protocols such as SSL/TLS.
Our client is offering full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options, PTO, and a great work environment. In addition, they offer a very competitive salary.
Our client is not able to hire, at this time, c2c or those needing sponsorship. No relocation is offered; local only candidates will be considered.