Senior Claims Representative at Amerisure Insurance Company
Posted in Insurance 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Senior Claims Representative for our Tampa, Florida office. The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set.
Provides quality investigation and analysis to adjust claims at all levels to proper resolution. Promotes the success of the organization through development and advancement of relationships with agencies, policyholders and employees.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Collaborate proactively with agents, policyholders and internal stakeholders on claims and book of business as needed.
- Investigate losses, identify coverage, evaluate liability and damages.
- Develop plan of action to proactively conclude claims, timely evaluate damages, engage other parties in negotiations and settle claims pursuant to guidelines and delegated authority.
- Leverage past experience to review and analyze documents.
- Establish and maintain proper reserves for each claim to accurately reflect the financial exposure.
- Determine need for, identify and engage external resources as needed to execute proper resolutions while monitoring and controlling costs.
- Review and interpret commercial insurance policies and accordingly communicate coverage issues verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year commercial claims adjusting experience.
- AIC or SLA certification preferred.
- Ability to obtain appropriate state licensing as required.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to think strategically with supporting analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 10%
- Ability to travel daily between locations.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.