F135 Industrial Participation Specialist at Pratt & Whitney
Posted in Management 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 61937BR Date posted 03/06/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney Military Engines F135 International Business Development organization seeks a results oriented team player to contribute to the efforts of F135 Industrial Participation (IP) group. Primary job responsibilities include identifying IP opportunities for F135 International Partner country suppliers to compete for, managing introduction of competitive suppliers into P&W F135 supply chain, and continuous growth of F135 IP portfolio. Communicating progress and securing IP credit from F135 Partner Governments.
In this role, the individual will interface with P&W Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, F135 Program Office, Engineering and Quality functions to plan and execute international IP activities in support of the F135 Program goals. The individual will be a part of the F135 IP team, working closely with P&W Military Engines Country Managers and the customer. One of the important responsibilities will be to prepare a summary F135 International IP report by Partner Country twice a year.
Compliance with the ITAR and provisions of Export licenses is an important element of day to day interaction with international suppliers. Some international travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical field.
- 3+ years' experience in roles related to sourcing and supplier development.
- 3+ years experience with advanced Excel skills (modeling, high volume data management, v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Previous experience with SAP
- Ability to understand P&W sourcing needs via use of SAP and effective networking with P&W Sourcing and Purchasing functions.
- Strong technical background, understanding of part manufacturing processes.
- Ability to absorb multitude of inputs on P&W requirements and Supplier capabilities, and make matches resulting in IP opportunities.
- (ICT) JCL1 or JCL2 qualification
- Successful candidate must work well in team environment, navigate in a complex matrix organization, have excellent communication skills, and manage multiple industrial projects concurrently.
- Successful candidate must have excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint (succinct effective presentations) and Word.
- Employee will develop and maintain effective professional relationships with international suppliers and military customers, Lockheed Martin, and F-35 Joint Program Office.
- International business experience is beneficial.
- Ideal candidate will have Export experience and be familiar with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) when supporting Military Engines.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or a technical field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.