Utilities Specialist 2- District 7, Chamblee, GA (PG J) at Ga. Dept. of Transportation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chamblee, Georgia
Description of Duties: Under general supervision, provides working level professional support in one or more of the following areas: OMAT, maintenance, construction, intermodal, planning, utilities, surveying, environmental or traffic.
Job Specific Duties: Under limited supervision, work predominately in an urban setting, in which the majority of work deals with multi-utilities. Administer utility pre-construction and construction activities for a complex metropolitan environment. Responsible for resolving problems with utility facilities. Guide proper development, resolution and processing of utility force account agreements, contract item agreements, light agreements, memorandum or of understanding and encroachment permits. Represent the District Utilities Office in various meetings and committees as requested and provide information to various personnel pertaining to ongoing projects. Responsible for coordinating utility relocation in accordance with the PDP process.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT.
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field AND Six months of related experience
• Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience
• One year of experience required at the lower level Transportation Specialist 1 (TRP050) or position equivalent.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFCATIONS:
• Demonstrated experience applying sound engineering principles on transportation projects including utility related issues.
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand complex highway construction plans for a metropolitan environment.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems effectively by making sound, well-informed decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical manuals and instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to use available technology and software packages such as spreadsheets, graphics and database software to work more efficiently.
• Demonstrated ability to respond positively and adapt work methods to changing information and conditions, and unexpected obstacles.
• Demonstrates a high level of initiative and self-management in performing tasks independently.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities, determine objectives and evaluates progress against goals.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively with customers to reach agreements while complying with all applicable standards and policies.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and promote team spirit.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Committed to providing quality customer service.
• Two or more years of experience with utility companies in the design, construction or maintenance of roadway projects.
• Demonstrated proficiency in design software applications; Familiarity with related technological developments.
• Possesses knowledge of the Department's preconstruction process.
• Two or more years of experience in utility permitting including GUPS system.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field AND Six months of related experience OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR One year of experience required at the lower level Transportation Specialist 1 (TRP050) or position equivalent.