Senior Full Stack Software Engineer: Enterprise Engineering (PHP, MVC, ERP Apps) at CardinalHire
Posted in Education 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer: Enterprise Engineering (PHP, MVC, ERP Apps)
CardinalHire - Boston, MA
- This role will be a key contributor as a full-stack, full life-cycle engineer, capable of working both independently and within in team to accomplish tasks and projects assigned.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced with PHP (or object-oriented languages like Java, C++, C# or Scala) and SQL along with object-oriented design.
- All of our tools are web based, so experience with client side technologies like React/JS, CSS & HTML is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required to successfully interact with our business team.
An Ideal candidate has
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as a full stack, full lifecycle software engineer.
- 3-5+ years of OOP using PHP, C++, C# or Java (must be willing to learn PHP).
- 3+ years of SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, must be willing to learn T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Experience with MVC design patterns.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate development with business users
The Enterprise Engineering team is responsible for maintaining and creating most of the internal tools used for efficient work, management of employees, and integrations with IT support.
This client has our own ticketing system which is used by nearly all the employees, that allows users to custom-build Kanban-style queues to work on very specific tasks. The team also manages other tools like access control using Sailpoint, vacation tracking, headcount tracking, and other people-management tools. As this client grows, it relies more and more towards custom solutions, and this provides a great opportunity to build scalable systems from scratch. The team interacts with various internal departments like Talent Management, Sales and Service, IT among others to build new tools to meet their needs.
Examples of Projects
- Workflow Management, self-service ticketing system, where uses can create their own rules to view / action tickets. This is built with a MS-SQL backend store, and a backbone.js & php MVC front-end.
- In the future, adoption of graphql or rest endpoints will enable us to more easily segment components of the system, and adoption of caching strategies will allow the system to scale better.
- Build integrations with 3rd party vendors like Workday (client's HRIS platform), SailPoint (Identity Management), Beamery (a solution for source candidate management), Jobvite (an applicant tracking system) & more to create processes which can communicate back and forth between these systems and our purpose-built admin system that houses all tools used by every employee
- A performance management tool for Sales and Service employees, built on top of the Workflow Management platform.
- A Calibration tool used by HR & director-level employees to calibrate employees after performance reviews. Built using React & PHP MVC, this tool allows for users to set salary guidance, bonuses, equity grants & aggregate review scores to streamline the process of the bi-yearly review cycle
- Creating APIs for external integrations with the client's ticketing system, used by our external partners, as well as many other Engineering teams