Starbucks - Shift Supervisor at Simon
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albertville, Minnesota
This position contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. This job deploys partners and delegates tasks so that partners can create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment - 1 year
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Six (6) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
- Comply with, coach and model a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos, piercings in excess of two per ear, and unnatural hair colors, such as blue or pink
- Prepare and coach the preparation of food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- At least six (6) months of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
See Job Description