PACAF Scheduler - 16467 at Camber Corporation
Posted in Military/Defense 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: pearl harbor, Hawaii
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solutions Division, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-TSD, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) is currently seeking a Scheduler to work at Osan Air Base South Korea, Kunsan Air Base, Hickam AFB Hawaii, Eielson AFB Alaska, Misawa Air Base, or Okinawa Air Base. This posting is for future openings on the Pacific Air Force Fighter Squadron Support program.
This program supports non-flying duties in Combat Air Forces (CAF) fighter squadrons that traditionally utilized pilots/Weapons System Officers (WSOs) to fill as additional duties. The squadrons operations support functions provide skills such as Aircrew Scheduling, Operations Training support, Standardizations & Evaluations (Stan/Eval) support, Mobility/Unit Deployment Manager (UDM) Security Manager Assistant/Weapons Duty Officer (WDO) and Patriot Excalibur (PEX) Administrative support. Work locations included are at the following Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) locations: Kadena AB (Japan), Eielson AFB (Alaska), JBER (Alaska), Misawa AB (Japan), Osan AB (Korea), Kunsan AB (Korea) and Hickam AFB (Hawaii).
Scheduling Support: Scheduling is a challenging and dynamic process. Even after the schedule is printed, numerous changes are required because of aircraft mechanical problems, medical issues, flight evaluation requirements, expiring event currencies, deployments and student training continuity to name a few. Weather conditions and other factors beyond the control of the scheduler also limit flying opportunities. Furthermore, overseas locations may require additional Host Nation coordination and localized procedures. The scheduler needs to be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances in a medium-to-high stress environment.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
- Coordinate with the training officer, squadron aviation resource management (SARM), UDM, and Operations Officer (DO) to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations, qualification, upgrade, test, exercises, and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards, IAW DO priorities
- Coordinate with the Weapons Officer or DO for aircraft configurations two weeks prior and ensure Ops/MX/Ammo schedules are synchronized
- Build long- and short-range shift schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew, instructor, evaluator, support personnel, and supervisor positions
- Coordinate with senior squadron leadership on a daily and weekly basis
- Keep track when crewmembers will be on leave, temporary duty, have scheduled medical appointments or other scheduling commitments. Contractor will de-conflict crewmember schedules and work with flight leadership to ensure crews are available to meet assigned tasks.
- Ensure 100% accountability for aircrew schedule inputs and coordinate with Flight/CCs to receive/integrate late inputs
- Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the operations officer. To the maximum extent possible, schedule aircrew based on experience to mitigate Operational Risk Management (ORM). Updates will be reported to squadron and wing leadership.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned
- Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from maintenance (MX) and schedule crewmembers for training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required. Run flying schedule coordination change requests driven by operations requirements
- Publish/post scheduling data for unit long-/short-range ground/academic, flying, and simulator training event schedules on Patriot Excalibur (PEX), or other computer database systems
- Comply with Ops Group and scheduling chiefs’ locally-developed guidance when building the schedule.
- Determine flight, ground, and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade, initial qualification, re-qualification, transition, currency, and continuation training based on syllabus requirements, student progression, weather, and daily equipment/training range availability.
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates
- Coordinate with Operations Support Squadron (OSS) Plans department, outside agencies/exercise participants and higher headquarters, for example: RED FLAG, GREEN FLAG, Weapons School support, for reporting and to facilitate exercise/special event schedule coordination
- Provide inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules
- Correlate sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements
- Attend weekly special use airspace scheduling meeting for schedule coordination and de- confliction
- Attend weekly planning/coordinating airspace restrictions meeting for schedule coordination and de-confliction
- Attend monthly range scheduling meetings for schedule coordination and de-confliction. Conduct final range coordination and scheduling in accordance with local and/or Host Nation procedures
- Create, submit and file AF Form 1801s, Diplomatic Clearances (DIPs), Altitude Reservations (ALTRV) and any other Host Nation or local procedure forms required for flying operations
- Assist the DO in building the unit Annual Flying Hour Program
- Represent unit requirements as required at airspace/range users conferences
- Produce and disseminate scheduling effectiveness reports (weekly wrap-up) IAW local standards
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a Fighter Squadron/Group/Wing Scheduling shop or, experience working in a DoD Flying Squadron/Group/Wing Scheduling or operations office
- Active passport (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- Experience working with PEX or similar proprietary Stan/Eval programs
- Secret Clearance
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
See Job Description