Collections Representative I at Freedom Mortgage
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Fishers, IndianaJob Description:
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job ID: 2159
Location: Fishers, IN
Functional Area: Call Center
Employment Type:Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
The Collector I is responsible for assisting Freedom's Call Center customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This position requires strong verbal communication skills, professionalism and time management. Your primary role will be to help your customer find solutions to maintain home ownership and financial stability. Prior mortgage industry experience highly preferred. Working within our call center will give you an opportunity to acquire experience and skills that will advance your career here at Freedom Mortgage.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage customers 31+ days delinquent via inbound and outbound calls to discuss the delinquent status of their mortgage loan. Must be able to explain details of mortgage loan information to the borrower, evaluate and determine the borrower ability to pay and collect appropriate financial information.
- Have a basic understanding of the loss mitigation option available to the borrower based on Investor/Insurer guidelines. Suggest alternatives to the borrowers based on the ability or inability to pay.
- Negotiate reasonable payment arrangements and or extended repayment plans with delinquent borrowers, in accordance with department policies and procedures and in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Respond to customer requests within established timeliness in order to maintain service level expectations and deliver quality service to customers
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Must have superior communication and customer service skills, including professional empathy, customer care, passion and enthusiasm, problem-solving skills, and the ability to overcome basic objections.
- Responsible for assuring all regulatory requirements are met concerning customer interaction by explaining policies and procedures courteously and patiently
- Maintains confidentiality of customer's nonpublic information
- Provides information and knowledgeable assistance regarding mortgage loans
- Builds customer relationships by actively listening and resolving complaints quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Provides written and verbal responses to customer inquiries as needed
Other Related Duties:
- May include helping in a call center capacity in one of the following functions: customer service, collections, and Loss mitigation and/or other duties assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please enter Job Description
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 1+ years previous Call Center experience required
- Ability and Knowledge of Basic Computer Skills
- Strong Verbal Communication Presence
- Previous Mortgage Experience, Preferred Education and/or Experience: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be familiar with FDCPA guidelines
- Must be able to multi-task between phone and computer work within an active call center environment, and work collaboratively amongst other team members to ensure excellent customer service
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Reasoning Ability
- Language Skills
Education and/or Experience:
High School / GED required; Associates Degree or Equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school preferred; or six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graph.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Please enter Job Requirements
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as the #7 lender in the nation. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than $100 billion, and we are a top VA and FHA lender. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is again on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation's fastest growing private firms. This year we ranked #1842; our revenue ranks as the largest in the state of NJ and largest nationwide in the category of Financial Services in 2017.
Freedom Mortgage has over 5300 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (multiple sites in Southern New Jersey and Fort Washington, PA) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Orlando, FL; San Diego, CA; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ.
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!