Quality Improvement Specialist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Needham, Massachusetts
DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58 bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 24361BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Quality Improvement Specialist is responsible for collecting data for CMS core measures, stroke program, third party payer projects related to pay for performance, and mandated DPH projects, Mass Health, Joint Commission, as well as Hospital Quality Dashboard. Also participates in special projects as needed.
* Abstracts data for CMS core measures, stroke program, third party payer projects related to pay for performance, and mandated DPH projects, Mass Health, Joint Commission, as well as the Hospital Quality Dashboard
* Trends data, compiles statistics, and runs reports weekly, monthly and quarterly for quality and patient safety, core measures, third party payer projects related to pay for performance, Joint Commission, and Mass Health
* Responsible for rounding three times a week to collect Medication Reconciliation data which is required by BC/BS
* Responsible for participation and coordination of the LEAD project.
* Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* License required: Registered Nurse
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Strong analytic skills
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus