Mgr - Corporate Tax at Hancock Bank
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises and supports tax staff in preparation of tax return filings, journal entries and account reconciliations. Researches and applies tax legislation and GAAP accounting treatment to companys situation and assist Director Corporate Tax with identifying and implementing potential tax planning strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervises the preparation and maintenance of tax records and information used in completing municipal, state, and federal tax returns and financial statement tax provisions.
* Keeps informed of tax laws, regulations, and rulings pertaining to municipal, state, and federal income taxes.
* Represents the company in audits of tax returns by state and federal agents.
* Participates in the research and analysis of proposed and existing business transactions to determine the effect upon taxes and special projects as assigned.
* Incumbent is responsible for organizational integrity and business ethics as it relates to this position, and communicating this commitment to any applicable subordinate.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* A college degree in accounting, finance, or business, with seven plus years of corporate tax accounting experience is required, preferably in the banking industry. A comparable combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
* Masters degree and/or CPA designation is preferred
* Supervisory or management experience preferred
* Must have an advanced level of knowledge in corporate tax accounting.
* Must have advanced knowledge of applicable tax laws, regulations, and rulings.
* Must have advanced Microsoft Professional Office experience
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 25 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Organization: Hancock Bank - Finance & Human Resources - Finance
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Manager
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.