Vice President for Institutional Advancement at West Texas A&M University
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Canyon, TexasJob Description:
West Texas A&M University (WTAMU) is seeking an innovative, creative individual with proven leadership abilities to serve as Vice President for Institutional Advancement. The Vice President for Institutional Advancement provides leadership and direction for all fundraising, marketing and communications, advancement services, and alumni relations activities for WTAMU. The Vice President reports directly to the President, serves on the President's Executive Committee, President's Cabinet, and on various other University committees and councils. The Vice President also serves as Executive Director of the West Texas A&M University Foundation.
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement is responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the President on donor prospect development for major gift solicitation.
- Working closely with the Provost, deans, and Vice Presidents to coordinate, and prioritize Institutional Advancement goals that arise from their constituencies.
- Working collaboratively with the WT Foundation to cultivate major donors, enhance faculty programs, and administer Foundation funds.
- Providing leadership, planning, coordination, and management of the University's development activities, marketing and communications, advancement services, and alumni relations programs.
- Coordinating major gifts fundraising with Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, Athletics, and colleges and departments.
- Identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects.
- Leading Institutional Advancement team to create, implement and revise a multi-year comprehensive plan, consistent with the soon-to-be-released generational plan, "WT 125."
- Planning, organizing and implementing all fundraising and advancement programs, including major and planned giving, annual giving, alumni relations, capital campaigns, and scholarship development.
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships with foundations and the private and corporate business community.
- Recruiting, motivating, coordinating, and retaining a strong development and alumni relations staff.
- Providing leadership, management, and coordination of the University's Marketing and Communications Department.
- Implementing a university-wide marketing communications program focusing on consistent messages and identity, public affairs, publications, advertising, and web online communication.
- Oversight of the planning and coordination of special events that promote university relations with students, parents, alumni, and donors.
- Supervising divisional operation, including planning/monitoring of its budget and regular assessment of the cost-effectiveness of the division.
The Search Committee invites applications, inquiries, and nominations for this position. Applications should be accompanied by a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and contact details of at least five professional references. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to March 12, 2018, to West Texas A&M University through the university website:
West Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- A Master's degree;
- Personal and professional integrity;
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience with development and fundraising efforts, preferably in a higher education environment;
- Successful senior leadership experience in developing fundraising and marketing strategies;
- Proven track record of securing major gifts, planning campaigns and annual giving programs, working with alumni groups, and developing a strategic plan for advancement;
- Ability to motivate a team of fundraising professionals and volunteer leaders;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to build and enhance relationships;
- Possess necessary human relation skills to effectively represent the University to internal and external constituents;
- Provide leadership and commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action;
- Ability to multi-task diverse projects; and
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation;
- An understanding of the role and funding models of public universities; and
- Successful senior leadership experience in a comprehensive capital campaign.