Patient Care Assistant / Sitter - PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
Job Code: 02560-14069
TULANE MEDICAL CENTER DOWNTOWN NEW ORLEANS, LA
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT / SITTER
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here.
Practicing on medicine s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.
See more about HCA and our commitment to helping others:Above all else: HCA teams come together in response to hurricanes Harvey and Irma
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT / SITTER.
The patient sitter will provide continuous observation of patients who have the potential for or who have demonstrated behaviors that put them at risk for injury. Major Duties: Observes the patient(s) at all times. Maintains a safe environment. Reports any changes in condition or any concerns immediately. Performs any appropriate duties as delegated by Registered Nurses (toileting, turning, grooming, feeding, ambulating). Required to sit with PEC/CEC patients.
Primary Job Duties:
* Assists patients with personal hygiene.
* Transfers and ambulates patients using appropriate body mechanics in moving, lifting, or tuning patient.
* Prepares patient for meals, feeds, and documents as required.
* Attends to comfort of patients.
* Maintains patient care area according to unit standards including making beds, distributing/disposing of linens, returning equipment, keeping hallways free of equipment/trays.
* Assists in the performance of more complicated treatments, diagnostic procedures and physical examinations as per instructions from registered nurse and with documented competency.
* Reports pertinent patient information to Nurse(s) according to established guidelines.
* Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
* LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current CPR certification required. CPI training completed within 120 days
* EXPERIENCE: Completion of a nursing assistant program or a minimum of one year experience or student nurse having completed two clinical rotations in acute care or 50% of their nursing program.
* SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Current CPR certification required.
* HOURS OF WORK: PRN/As Needed.
Last Edited: 03/06/2018