Infection Control Program Manager at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Job Code: 00310-37721
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
The Infection Control Program Manager is responsible for the management of the Infection Control Program This position is responsible for coordinating the Infection Control activities of the hospital.
The Infection Control Program Manager is the lead facilitator for the hospital departments, physicians, external agencies, nursing staff, and allied healthcare professionals that interact with all patients and the Infection Control Program. The Program Manager ensures the care for the hospital s patients throughout the continuum and works with the Medical Staff Leadership to fulfill that role. The Program Manager assumes day-to-day responsibility for process and performance improvement activities of the programs.
* Ensures quality and regulatory compliance for all accrediting and/or certifying bodies for the facility for any Infection Control program requirements.
* Collects, trends and measures pertinent data, concurrently and retrospectively, on hospital-acquired infections. Reports to the Infection Control Committee and provides the Medical Staff Leadership and Administration with reports.
* Uses the principles of Continuous Quality Improvement in the discovery and reporting process.
* Makes rounds on hospital acute care units to interact with hospital staff caring for patients with infections as able. Helps to identify patients needing IC services and assists with assuring isolation technique is carried out correctly.
* Utilizes Infection Control knowledge as set forth by the Centers for Disease Control.
* Interfaces with the Medical Staff leaders and reports hospital acquired cases for further investigation.
* Assists other community agencies when asked. Represents EIRMC in community awareness programs.
* Handles epidemiology issues in all age specific categories. Services include newborn, pediatric, adult, geriatric and psychiatric patients (adolescents to adults).
* Requires a State of Idaho Licensure in Nursing (BSN). Master s degree preferred.
* Certification in Infection Control required. Microbiology background desirable.
* Must have at least 5 years of clinical experience in the Acute Care setting.
* Required to have previous experience in Infection Control/Prevention; minimum 3 years
* Current Idaho RN License and current BLS and ACLS for healthcare providers required.
* Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with hospital and medical staff.
* Clinically proficient in growth and development and the range of treatment needed by the specific case group.
* Must demonstrate ability to work well with patients/families, nursing, and ancillary staff, and physicians.
* Basic understanding of the principles of research and statistical analysis.
* Flexibility, creativity, initiative, and team building skills.
* Experience in data collection and statistical analysis recommended.
Last Edited: 03/07/2018