RN Supervisor - Care Assure Program at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Code: 02270-8435
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 340-bed facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
MountainView Hospital is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
POSITION SUMMARY (INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
A Nurse Navigator facilitates patient follow-up through patient coaching, information transfer, and communication in order to improve continuity of care, enhance the medical management of complex disease, and streamline the intervention process.
Duties (included but not limited to):
* Reviews patient case lists generated by technology-enabled data trigger to identify patients that could benefit from intervention
* Communicates with physicians (in the hospital and in the community) about patients potential for referral/follow-up treatment
* Schedules follow-up appointments and provide information and reminders to patients & physician offices
* Maintains detailed records to measure effectiveness of program and suggest ways to improve throughout the process
* Works with physicians and program leadership on a daily basis
* Engages providers and patients in a program that will improve outcomes and the efficiency of medical care
* Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable level
* Reviews clinical progress of patients and coordinates communications to referring, consulting, and primary care physicians
* Plan, organize, and provide direct care to the patient, as appropriate
* Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching plan
* Reviews and makes recommendations for medications appropriate to the patient
* Initiates communication regarding dashboard triggers with care team
* Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures, medications and treatments
* Makes referrals as appropriate as noted by the physician
* Coordinates information among referring, primary care and consulting physicians and ancillary departments
* Answers patient/family phone calls, fields questions appropriately
* Participates in creating an environment that implements the mission, vision and values of the organization
* Encourages collegiality when integrating pilot services with other departments
* Plan and deliver weekly status updates
* Reviews all diagnostic imaging studies, lab values and notifies MD as appropriate for abnormal findings
* Completes all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree in Nursing with graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years previous bedside RN experience in a hospital setting required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Current Nevada license to practice nursing required. Independently maintains license. Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice.
Last Edited: 03/07/2018