Sales Manager at Krispy Kreme
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Savannah, GeorgiaJob Description:
# of openings 1
Job Locations US-GA-Savannah
Posted Date 03/07/2018
Overview of Position
The Sales Manager is responsible for creating a safety culture that produces safe actions and behavior in the work place for the sales team, as well as managing all functions of the off-premise sales department while delivering an optimum level of customer service in designated geographic territory. Examples of these functions include but are not limited to: administration, resource management, sales performance, fleet management, safety and standards/policy adherence. The Off-Premise Sales Manager works closely with the Sales Director to execute sales/promotional plans and activity to meet budget revenue and cost objectives. In order to meet customer expectations and maintain positive customer relationships, the Sales Manager will fill in as needed for open routes by performing the job duties of the Area or Regional Salesperson. A successful Sales Manager will perform all duties in accordance with company policy, standards or established procedures. A commitment to teamwork, a clean, professional appearance, enthusiasm, customer-focused behaviors and a high energy level are necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sales & Customer Service
- Accountable for validating and implementing prospective off-premise customers.
- Ensure customer relations through direct contact with customer base.
- Communicate and plan execution of multiple off-premise programs and initiatives.
- Facilitate proof of delivery procedures established by customers and/or company and ensure compliance.
- Facilitate all clerical functions internally to ensure proper adherence with AR requirements eliminating non-payment and or non-compliance concerns.
- Establish and measure Customer Service Excellence by conducting market visits/audits and customer input.
- Communicate and plan point of sale (POS) relating to promotional and or special activity by account or market.
- Support Brand Integrity.
- Provide off-premise data to Sales Director as requested.
- Ensure all positions are adequately staffed for daily operations and/or perform duties of any open department position as business requires.
- Professional interaction with Shop General Manager and supporting staff.
- Reconciliation Process. Works directly with Shop General Manager to reach amicable agreement and close out as required.
- Communicate all product needs; specifically fluctuations due to weather, demands, promotional activity etc. daily or as required by business demands.
- Shared responsibility for communication of and adherence to Krispy Kreme standards for facility and grounds with direct responsibility for designated Off-Premise areas.
- Responsible for Fleet Management favorable to budget and ensuring proper maintenance regarding safe operation of fleet.
- Responsible for all compliance with Federal and State regulations regarding fleet.
- Validate and submit fuel statements for approval and payment.
- Manage P-Card use for payment of truck repair cost incurred and submit expense report as instructed.
- Submit request and all related documentation for CER process.
- Works directly with Corporate Fleet Management for all requested data submittal. (i.e. monthly mileage, tag renewal, driver requirement forms, semi-annual review etc.)
- Keep company vehicles clean
- Ensure all Krispy Kreme training procedures and documentation are completed in a timely and accurate manner and submitted to the proper departments.
- Create and implement any and all training materials and initiatives, both corporately and internally.
- Develop sales team to achieve succession plan.
- Places all orders for display equipment from the Distribution Center.
- Coordinates maintenance agreement, orders necessary supplies and all communication with helpdesk or IT department.
- Order all applicable wearable's as designated by Krispy Kreme standards.
Safety and Sanitation
- Communicate and order all safety related information and supplies.
- Communicate and follow up regarding Accident Investigation to meet guidelines
- Communicate and execute all safety related directives, conduct safety meetings and training and participates in monthly corporate safety conference call.
- Monitors compliance of safety related behavior and guidelines, takes immediate course of action against non-compliance.
- Communicate and ensure compliance with Krispy Kreme standards relating to food service transportation and handling.
- Investigate accidents and complete proper procedures and documentation, report to Off-Premise Sales Manager within guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean and neat uniform at all times
- Drive safely and abide all appropriate traffic rules and regulations
- Maintain a clean vehicle at all times
- Maintain clean sales displays
- Report all moving violations and accidents involving injury or property damage immediately
- Uphold an ethic of teamwork with fellow employees
- Maintain a sincere, courteous and respectful demeanor with coworkers, team members, supervisors and customers
- Work with management and team members to improve performance and implement new initiatives
- Use good judgment and avoid risk taking while operating a company vehicle
- Assist Sales Management with the checking of product returns and the settling of territory accounting to ensure accuracy for the sales staff and customers
- Responsible for all administrative and clerical functions that apply to off-premise segment.
- Communication with various corporate departments as business requires.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- Passion for the Brand and excellence
- Quality Focused
- Ability to lead a team
- Coaching, Follow Through Skills
- Demonstrate and teach safe vehicle operations and behavior
- Good computer skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Interpersonal skill set (i.e., professionalism, integrity, self-motivated, respectful of self and others, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Job Duties and Skills required for all sales team member positions
- Extensive knowledge of all territories in a shop region or market
- Organizational skills
- Successfully complete Territory Sales Training Program
- Ability to drive and operate delivery vehicle safely for considerable amounts of time in various environmental conditions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and write
- Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (21 years of age and three year clean driving)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and Motor Vehicles Report
- Previous Territory/Route Sales Management experience preferred
- Previous job stability preferred
- Proven track record of team development with measured results produced
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying • Bending • Stooping • Grasping/Gripping • Standing • Sitting
- Lifting • Walking • Twisting • Sweeping • Reaching over shoulder
- Writing • Mopping • Driving • Packing doughnut boxes
- Pushing/Pulling • Stacking/Unstacking • Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally; and /or up to 50 pounds frequently
- Using hand-trucks or carts to push/pull products, often on ramps/lift gates
- Maneuver hand trucks and carts up sidewalk curbs and through store aisles.
- Considerable amounts of driving, approximately 3 - 6 hours per day, typically in a Box Delivery Truck with automatic transmission
- Frequently involves working evening/night shifts, lasting approximately 9-12 hours.
- Lifting, sliding and positioning Dock plates and truck ramp
- Manual product handling to include staging, stacking and organizing individual product items, product carts and trays
- Completing route paperwork and reports using handheld computer device and/or written tickets and forms
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to meet requirements for a driver's license.
- Must be able to read and distinguish between products, product boxes, and labels
- Must be able to read numerals, computer screen, match written and typed information off checks
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- If the truck is not air-conditioned and the store is located in an especially hot region, the worker may be subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour).
Krispy Kreme supports a diverse and drug-free workplace. EOE. E-Verify Employer.