Banquet Sous Chef at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posted Date 5 hours ago(3/7/2018 2:25 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Assistant to the Banquet Chef. Maintaining food quality and to assist wherever needed to insure proper completion of banquet functions.
* Store all items in approved containers that are wrapped, dated and labeled. Do not store anything in cans.
* Clean all small equipment such as mixers, buffalo choppers, etc., immediately after using them.
* Responsible for upholding quality standard, portion control, production level and presentation of food.
* Responsible for the cleanliness of the Kitchen and adherence to all health regulations in food preparation, storage and service.
* Be prepared with banquet function sheets and production sheets.
* Insure production is completed and ready at required time of banquet function.
* Communicate with banquet Chef pertaining to the BEO's, special functions, daily pars, production problems, etc.
* Communicate with banquet captains about each function, special requests, potential problems with parties, etc.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Attend all safety and departmental meeting
* Sign in and out on the authorized form. Have your supervisor initial it before leaving.
* Assist where needed to insure completion of production.
* Pull all frozen items two days prior to when they are needed.
* Training of new banquet employees to maintain quality and consistency.
This brief job profile is to give a general idea of the job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate in this position. Other duties will be assigned.
* One to two years assistant supervisory position in a banquet kitchen, preferrably in a hotel.
* three to four years of quantity cooking, knowledge of cooking and sauces basics
* Certification of apprenticeship program or Culinary certification.
* San Diego County Foodhandler s card or ServeSafe Certification will be required prior to the start of employment.
* Must have a flexible schedule with weekend and holiday availability..