Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 24 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
Our Portland location has an opportunity for a Service Supervisor who will be responsible for the productive, efficient, and safe operation of the shop floor. We are seeking someone who will have an authentic interest in understanding our customers' business opportunities, challenges, and successes in order to provide an unrivaled customer experience.
This is a salaried exempt position on the swing shift - will work 9-10/hours per shift. Hours are 3pm to midnight. Competitive pay + bonus.
Primary Responsibilities and Areas of Focus
* Work Assignments - Assign work to technicians based on skill level required, customer needs, and maintaining a productive work flow. Ensure all technicians are assigned to billable work. Meet department standards for shop productivity.
* Workload Management - Continuously monitor the workload to identify potential problems and manage these problems to a successful outcome. Ensure technicians completely understand the customer's "complaint" and the required tasks to complete the required repairs.
* Warranty - Be able to look up available warranty for trucks and work with aftermarket warranty company to ensure maximum warranties received.
* Training - Provide continuous oversight and training, especially for less experienced technicians, to ensure the highest quality and most efficient work possible.
* Quality - Follow quality control procedures to monitor work, make corrections, and provide feedback for future repairs. Ensure the highest standards of service to all customers.
* Estimates - Accurately estimate cost and time needed to complete repairs based on initial inspection and write-up. If additional work is needed, update repair estimates and communicate these updates to the service advisor or to the customer directly.
* Customer Satisfaction - Greet customers, schedule service appointments, and collect customer and truck information, when a service advisor is not available. Ensure that all customers recognize TEC Equipment is their "Best Business Partner." Work closely with Service Manager to resolve customer complaints and maintain high customer satisfaction standards.
* Safety - Provide a safe working environment and reinforce a culture of shop safety. Enforce branch's standard operating procedures and safety procedures. Understand and ensure that technicians follow OSHA and any other applicable regulations.
* Culture - Demonstrate a commitment to TEC Equipment's culture and core values: Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Focus, consistently reinforcing this culture with technicians.
* Valid driver's license
* Minimum five years of truck repair experience, expert knowledge of diesel truck repair and quality standards
* Minimum two years in a leadership/supervisory position; excellent people management and leadership skills, ability to build successful relationships internally and externally
* Prior experience scheduling and managing shop workload
* Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, invoicing systems, etc.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.