Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Berkeley, California
Program Coordinator (7376U) #24663
Inst of Urban & Regional Devel
Return to Previous Page
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 19, 2018.
Position will remain open until filled.
Program Coordinator supports the operations of Global Urban Humanities Initiative (GUH), an interdisciplinary program devoted to the study of cities housed in Institute of Urban and Regional Development (IURD). Led by Dean of Arts & Humanities Division and Dean of the College of Environmental Design and energized by a dynamic group of scholars and practitioners GUH is an interdisciplinary initiative that brings together faculty, graduate students and undergraduates from more than 25 departments. Faculty and students use innovative often hybrid methods to investigate urban form and experience, often in collaboration with design practitioners and artists.
Program Coordinator reports to GUH Project Director and is responsible for program communications and outreach, event management, student advising, bookkeeping, purchasing, and providing general office management. The position is assisted by work-study students. In order for the Administrative Officer 2 to effectively manage events, occasional evening and weekend hours should be anticipated.
Communications and Website management:
They will ensure that timely communication about GUH reaches diverse audiences and will help build intellectual community. They will write website updates and email announcements and distribute them via online newsletters and social media. They will facilitate the production and circulation of posters and fliers with the assistance of a work-study student. They will manage a library of photos and use them in outreach channels.
Event and Meeting Support:
Work with GUH faculty and staff to produce large and small public events, symposia, exhibitions, and meetings, and facilitate the communications related to those activities. Event-related tasks include establishing and maintaining an annual program calendar, reserving spaces and equipment, budgeting, ordering catering, hiring technical support, recruiting and managing volunteer and/or work study support, and facilitating payments and reimbursement requests for events, among other responsibilities. Communicate with speakers to make travel arrangements and ensure timely payment of honoraria.
Schedule and support meetings of the GUH steering committee and student advisory board. They will assist with scheduling GUH courses and events to avoid conflicts across departments, coordinate research on courses offered by various departments, and will oversee the archiving of work products of GUH courses, symposia, and events.
Administration and Finance:
Program Coordinator will ensure that administrative and bookkeeping needs of the Global Urban Humanities (GUH) Initiative are met. They will coordinate with Campus Shared Services to process purchase orders, requisitions, travel vouchers, reimbursement requests, and deposits, and will reconcile the financial ledger on a monthly basis. They will transfer funds to other departments, communicating with department managers, and keep accurate records of transfers. They will produce the annual budget report for submission to the funder and reconcile it with university financial reports. They will maintain office filing systems and procedural manuals. They will maintain the office including computer systems, printers, etc. in good working order and purchase office supplies when needed
They will perform duties on BearBuy and PI Portfolio.
Student and Grantmaking Support and Advising:
Conduct outreach to recruit students for undergraduate and graduate certificate programs and conduct basic student advising; manage application process; research and maintain lists of courses that count toward certificates. Administer application process for grants to students and faculty and fellowships including communications with applicants.
Work Study Management and Recruitment:
Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training work-study students to support GUH activities.
* Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
* Ability to establish priorities and meet multiple deadlines with excellent follow-through
* Ability to work independently with general supervision and to problem-solve
* Demonstrated ability to perform business transactions and bookkeeping with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to use software programs including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign,etc.) and online systems
* Knowledge of University procedures, regulations, and online purchasing and bookkeeping systems.
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of email and social media techniques for event promotion and outreach
* Demonstrated skills in the areas of customer service; organization and attention to detail and maintaining positive working relationships with diverse groups
* Ability to train and manage work-study students
* Computer proficiency in MS Office, filesharing software such as Google Drive/Docs, Box/Dropbox, and the Internet
* Willingness and ability to take on new assignments and learn new skills as required.
* Sense of humor and enthusiasm
* Experience writing newsletter and website content and with social media including Twitter and Facebook
* Experience managing websites using basic HTML and content management systems such as Wordpress and with newsletter platforms such as Vertical Response
* Experience in event coordination, publications and marketing, basic accounting, and general office management.
* Visual design sense and/or proficiency with graphic design and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite).
* Experience with Bearbuy and PI Portfolio
* Experience managing video/photo archives and dissemination using Adobe Bridge, Flickr, Apple Photos, Youtube, etc.
Salary & Benefits
Hourly Salary Rate: $21.70 - $25.17
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This is a full time contract position with and end date of June 30, 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual