Project Manager, Service Technical Operations at Tesla
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fremont, California
As Project Manager on Service Technical Operations team, you will be responsible for personnel, planning and execution of cross-functional technical projects. The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen, effective communication and proven people/project management skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment.
* 5+ years project management experience on technical developments
* Leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
* Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
* Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
* Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
* Limited international travel required
Successful candidate will have a proven track record of enabling larger cross- functional teams to deliver complex project deliverables quickly and with high quality. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of new product development, orchestrate all of it into a program plan and schedule, then successfully manage execution of the program plan.
* Support definition and drive closure to multiple commodity requests e.g. custom tooling, standard tooling, heavy equipment, consumables, and chemicals
* Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Tesla team members
* Cross-functionally communicate at a senior level key developments and updates on new projects
* Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks in an actionable form to management
* Establish and manage program feature baseline, scheduling, critical path, and technology risks areas for execution
* Lead cross-functional teams, including Global Service Development, Tooling & Equipment, Technical Publications, Service Engineering, and Body Repair in engineering and validation activities
* BS degree in Engineering/Business preferred
* Minimum 5 years project management experience
* Excellent fundamental engineering knowledge and have examples of applied engineering success through work, projects, or academic endeavors
* Experience with PLM Systems, preferably ENOVIA
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills
* Demonstrates a proven ability to research information, solve challenging problems, and coordinate projects under tight timing constraints
* Familiarity with working with various outside suppliers and manage deliverables.
* Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties
* Acute attention to detail
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.