Field Service Technician at Tesla
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hawthorne, California
Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced and dynamic Field Service Technician to work in one of the most progressive companies in the world. We are seeking experienced service technicians with excellent oral and written communication skills to work within the Tesla Energy program. Tesla needs a diversely talented and highly mobile technician ready to move quickly in order to keep our systems fully operational. The primary job is to service, troubleshoot, or upgrade stationary battery equipment as needed. Applicants should be self-motivated team players with a positive attitude! As stated, this role will require a significant amount of travel set around the service and upkeep our stationary battery network.
* Troubleshoot and repair equipment as defined by the service engineering team.
* Be ready to travel for extended periods of time covering multiple locations with minimal notice.
* Perform complex and precise electro-mechanical debug, rework and repair.
* Perform tasks requiring a high level of skill and patience.
* Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment (including DMMs and oscilloscopes).
* Develop and follow best practices and procedures for various maintenance activities related to Tesla Energy equipment.
* Maintain high levels of communication and feedback within the Tesla Energy service organization; prepare daily updates of work completed, problems identified, and future timelines.
* Have flexibility to provide support outside your region and possibly outside the country as required.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent, Associate degree preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in assembly and/or repair of electro-mechanical components, including systems with medium or high voltages.
* Experience with battery and/or inverter systems a plus
* Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation.
* Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office and cloud-based computing programs. Ability to communicate and function well in a mobile office setting.
* Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
* Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
* Willingness to work outdoors, on the road, at unusual hours.
* Ability to lift 75 lbs.
* Valid driver s license and insurance required.
* Knowledge of operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
* Ability to perform daily record keeping and reporting.
* Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
* Ability to maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.