Production Supervisor at Woodbridge Chattanooga Formed Plastics LP
Posted in Manufacturing 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
Supervise employees in the operation of the line. Develop procedures for efficient and safe operations. Understand and implement improvements to process.
- Promote and ensure good Health, Safety & Environment practices are followed
- Ensure customer quality standards are adhered to and related issues are responded to in a timely manner
- Meet daily production demands while maintaining quality and safety standards
- Effectively manage workforce including training, coaching and discipline
- Monitor and respond to day-to-day product and process concerns and ensure just in time delivery
- Work closely with other departments in problem solving issues
- Ensure compliance to the Collective Agreement as applicable and Plant Rules
- Decision-making and problem solving of any technical or scheduling issues arising during the shift
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- Three to five years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Record of pro-active supervisory accomplishments
- Solid understanding of quality requirements
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Strong people skills including communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of HSE, Collective Agreements and manpower planning
- Able to work weekends and off-shifts
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen
Manufacturing environment experience