Indoor Air Quality Technician VI - West Lafayette - Operations & Maintenance at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Serve as an Indoor Air Quality Technician (IAQ) Trainee. Learn to support all Operations and Maintenance crafts including: the IAQ group, Central Shops and Zones. Must successfully learn and develop skills in the following areas: temperature control, mechanical system controls, direct digital controls, electric control systems testing and balancing and fume hood balancing. Must be able to learn to perform preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting checks on all heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Over time may be required.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have the ability to learn and demonstrate the skills required to become a level 7 Indoor Air Quality (IAQT) technician.
- Successfully complete levels one and two of the Indoor Air Quality Apprenticeship program within 24 months in this position to be promoted to a level 7 (IAQT).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Interpret technical material; read and interpret various types of blueprints and control schematics.
- Basic computer skills and a familiarity with word processor and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. or more occasionally.
- Exposed to adverse conditions such as electrical hazards, extreme cold and heat, confined spaces, and working from heights.
- Personal protective equipment.
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- One year experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning control or related area.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- This posting represents four vacancies.
- The hours for this position are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Monday through Friday.
- Overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF/Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.