Medical Assistant VI - Monon, IN - Nursing (North Central Nursing Clinics) at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Assists provider and nursing staff with implementation of patient care, following nursing and Clinic policies and procedures. Monitors and charts vital signs. Handles specimens. Completes requisitions, forms, and reports. Participates in nursing staff meetings and quality improvement initiatives. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
This position is primarily located in Monon, Indiana. Must be willing to work at other clinic locations (Burlington, Delphi, & Wolcott) on occasion.
- Certificate of completion from an approved Medical Assistant program
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and data entry skills
- Thorough knowledge of scientific principles of aseptic technique and general clinical practice
- Basic knowledge of medical language
- CPR certification
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license
- One year or more of experience with general medical office practices and procedures
- Medical assistant certification/registration
- Fluent in Spanish
- This position is primarily located in Monon, Indiana. Must be willing to work at other clinic locations (Burlington, Delphi, & Wolcott) on occasion
- Clinic hours are as follows: 7 am - 7 pm Monday- Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm Friday and 8 am -12 pm Saturday; work schedule of 40 hours
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply