In-House Service/Repair Technician at Flir Systems
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing service operations including repair and troubleshooting functions to component level on complex electro-optical equipment. Position requires set-up and calibration tasks; building and troubleshooting of systems; as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components,
subassemblies and final assemblies. Determines and may assist in developing methods and
procedures to control or modify the customer service process and continued process
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Include but not limited to diagnosis, service repair and upgrades to all product lines
- Build and test opto-mechanical assemblies
- Follow standard repair and maintenance procedures which will be documented to company standards
- Temporary assignments to other product lines including other departments
- Provide repair cost estimates as required
- Operates test equipment
- Inspects and verifies that work is complete and correct.
- Train other technicians in the proper use of assembly/test fixtures and product handling
- Technician will also be required to carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the company from time to time
- AA Degree in a Technical or Engineering discipline, Electronics, or equivalent experience.
- 4 – 6 years Electronics/Mechanical Assembly experience
- Must be direct and concise, keeps people informed, listens effectively to others
- Works well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Responds well to internal and external customer needs
- Can be counted on to follow through on commitment
- Effective at working in team situations
- Work on assignments where independent action and moderate degree of initiative are required to resolve problems and recommend actions
- Attention to Detail is critical to ensure accuracy in Contracts, Proposals, and other responsibilities.
- Collaboration & Teamwork skills are required to lead and work in a team environment and to establish priorities and achieve results.
- Must have strong Communication Skills—oral, written & listening to ensure effective communication with team members, customers, and organizational leadership.
- Strong Coordination and Business Acumen Skills are required to support the negotiation of the price, delivery, and other terms and conditions for contracts and services.
- Strong Organization, Planning & Execution skills are essential to develop and execute, plan and maintain responsibilities, schedules, forecasts, projects and changes in priorities.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills are required in order to resolve challenging issues, to ensure that individual or multi-faceted problems are effectively identified, and evaluated, while weighing out alternatives, risks, and consequences prior to making decisions.
- SAP experience desirable
- Familiarity with ISO9001, AS9100 or equivalent
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- May be required to travel (less than 10% of time)
- Has good visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.