Front Office Assistant - West Lafayette - Purdue Alumni Association at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
The Front Office Assistant is often the initial contact point for many people when engaging with the Purdue Alumni Association. This individual must make it their responsibility to ensure that their interaction creates the most positive experience possible. This individual welcomes guests and fosters customer loyalty through his/her friendly manner, both in person and through phone / e-mail interactions. The primary goal of this position is to accurately answer questions, understand / respond to needs, and redirect (if needed) to the appropriate resource. This position will receive very diverse interactions and inquiries, many of which are not the responsibility of the Purdue Alumni Association. Re-direction and referral must be done with accuracy, clarity and a service first attitude. This individual is also responsible for a broad range of clerical duties associated with helping the entire staff run smoothly. These activities include scheduling, calendaring, mail processing and event support duties.
- HS diploma/GED
- Two years of customer service or receptionist experience.
- Experience and proficiency with basic computer software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with the public (both in person and via email/phone).
- Experience using multi-line phone system.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and take initiative and exhibit professionalism with visitors and staff.
- Ability to take ownership of solving visitor questions/concerns/problems with a high degree of proficiency.
- Ability to handle interruptions, balance multiple and varied tasks and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to interact with a diverse constituency of individuals.
- Broad knowledge of Purdue University and a proficiency with database usage.
A background check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.