Professional-Data Scientist at AT&T
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Plano, TexasJob Description:
This position will work closely with the IT, Sales and Marketing organizations functional leads to formulate hypothetical insights and work through the lifecycle of delivering these insights to production. Design and build large and complex data sets, from spurious sources while thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design. Design and implement statistical data quality procedures around new data sources. Perform data studies and data discovery around new data sources or new uses for existing data sources. Implement any software required for accessing and handling data appropriately. Implement and hand off data checking and updating procedures to teams. Perform statistical analyses with existing data sets in statistical packages. Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization. Serve as a functional lead and mentor to other scientific and engineering employees within the organization, and will represent scientific domain expertise as needed with external vendors, partners, and employees of other organizations. Lead research in emerging areas of Artificial Intelligence, adaptations of neural networks, and integration strategies for machine transference learning as applied to analytics
- Experience creating models utilizing Machine Learning and/or Statistics
- Great intuition, curiosity and skepticism when analyzing data
- Exposure to the Hadoop Ecosystem tools (e.g Spark, MapReduce/Tez) or other big data technologies
- Experience manipulating big and noisy datasets (e.q. SQL, Pig, Hive)
Preferred Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Math or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning or Business Analyst nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Typically requires 5-8 years experience or PhD or Masters in an approved field with no minimum years of relevant experience.
- Competitive Programmer or Competitive Data Scientist
- Committer to Open Source Projects
- Development of personal projects
- Knowledge of scalable data visualization techniques
- Ability to create prototypes quickly
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets
This position requires Daily Office Presence in Plano, TX. No relocation assistance is provided.