RECEPTIONIST at GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, operates the facility telephone switchboard to direct incoming calls. In addition, it greets and directs vendors, customers, job applicants, and other visitors to appropriate areas. Arranges for transportation services and provides clerical assistance as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Routes calls to the appropriate individual(s); records messages; parks calls and pages staff; and provide general information to callers.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Greets, screens, and logs incoming visitors including assignment and tracking of visitor badge(s).
- Assigns temporary badge(s) to GEO employees as needed.
- Sends E-Mail notifications to staff.
- May take payments for services and products.
- May prepare travel vouchers.
- Orders, receives and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- One (1) year of experience in either a receptionist and/or customer service capacity preferred.
- Pleasant demeanor, ability to multi-task and provide superior customer service.
- Experience in office procedures and related clerical duties preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience using computers with knowledge of Microsoft Windows programs preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.