Supervisor, Gift Shop at Cook Children's Health Care System
Posted in Health Care 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Fort Worth, TexasJob Description:
The Gift Shop Supervisor works with the Gift Shop Manager to ensure the success of the Gift Shop. Acts as Floor Leader ensuring that all gift shop guests are being greeted and assisted by Sales Assistants and Volunteers. Assesses inventory levels and coordinates re-stocking needs with gift shop staff. Assists manager with creation of dynamic displays and updates frequently. Assures that all areas of the store are cleaned regularly and adhere to safety guidelines. Responsible for training staff and volunteers on policies/procedures and relaying sales strategies or new product information. Places orders with vendors as assigned and assists in receiving and processing shipments, creating POs and item data entry. Performs task of closing/opening registers, reconciling daily deposits and paperwork as needed. This job requires outstanding people and organizational skills. Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively problem-solve in a fast-paced, hospital retail environment. Our emphasis is on service before sales - the Gift Shop Supervisor must have a desire to serve our customer base of patient families and visitors, staff, and volunteers with enthusiasm and compassion. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Some evenings and weekends and the ability to have a flexible schedule is required.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED and two+ years in a supervisory role in a customer centric industry required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree with experience in the specialty retail industry preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and sales skills with ability to multi-task and stay calm in a fast paced environment.
- Experience interacting with children and a diverse customer base.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Bilingual a plus. Strong computer skills required. Data entry experience a plus.
- Proven financial management skills.
- Creative merchandiser with an appreciation for items that will appeal to our customer base.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet