Administrative Specialist at University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
UICCU is now taking applications for an Administrative Specialist. We are looking for a patient, outgoing, upbeat, pleasant, and stable individual who will provide quality and professional service in greeting and assisting members, staff, and guests of the University of Iowa Community Credit Union (UICCU). If you are a good listener who is genuinely interested in others and are an unselfish, optimistic, methocial worker we want to talk to you!
Pay Range: $10.67 - $16.00 with a progressive benefits package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Greets members, vendors, and guests and directs them to appropriate staff member.
- Keeps workstation and lobby area neat and clean.
- Routes lobby phone traffic to appropriate staff.
- Directs members and guests requesting assistance to appropriate department or staff person.
- Maintains building security by monitoring guests entering / leaving the building. Distributes and collects pass keys for building and staff access.
- Accepts and routes incoming mail and package deliveries from USPS, UPS, FedEx, Vendors, etc. to appropriate departments and individuals.
- Reports arrival of large deliveries to Facilities staff for unloading. Maintains daily member register and vendor sign in/out sheet.
- Tracks issued and returned Access Cards for all visitors/guests.
- Assists in the sorting of transfer mail bags and inner office mail as needed.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet credit union objectives.
- Works special events as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
- Directs emergency personnel as necessary in the event of an emergency.
- Supports a variety of general clerical and/or administrative duties and tasks for all departments as needed. Including, but not limited to:
- Greets members and visitors and direct them appropriately.
- Helps sort mail and sign for FedEx and UPS.
- Helps other employees ready FedEx that needs mailed.
- Checks obituaries for deceased members daily. Email Public Relations, Collections, Card and Deposit and Accounting.
- Corrects returned mail with incorrect address and send back out.
- Compiles information for Kirby Birthday cards and mail monthly.
- Mails Kirby new account cards monthly.
- Assists other departments and branches thru out the day via phone, email or in person.
- Opens and scan insurance forms to insurance company.
- Assigns work orders to Facilities department via Esset program.
- Maintains cleanliness of the lobby and conference rooms on first floor.
- Registers visitors and vendors on the computer and assign security badges. At the end of the day check everyone out.
- Orders, approves and distributes business cards and name badges.
- Signs for abstracts from Hawkeye Title for Mortgage
- Signs for contracts for Indirect Lending
- Orders and approve office supplies for the Financial Center and all other branches from Tallgrass Business Resources
- Assists Aramark with Caterings and clean up.
- Assists with Community Service Projects.
- Checks security cameras Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and report to supervisor any cameras not working and or recording. Check for accurate timing on cameras quarterly.
- Enters Facilities invoices in spreadsheet.
- Assists the Facilities department with set ups and tear downs for events and meetings.
- Possesses a basic understanding of Episys and Synergy Arts, Vintech, and Iowa DOT Vehicle titles.
- Operates imaging equipment and balances outgoing image files on a daily basis.
- Performs member transactions including, deposits, transfers, loan payments, credit card payments.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account information.
- Requests identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners.
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability. Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy. Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary.
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
- Ability to deal with all types of individuals in a polite, professional, and courteous manner.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to follow UICCU policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to work independent of supervision with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment.
- Must possess knowledgeable of Credit Union products and services.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Must be able to perform multiple duties simultaneously.
- Must be capable of handling small packages delivered to the front desk.
- Ability to operate related computer applications with proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- CPR and basic first aid training (through UICCU).
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.