Operator, Pipeline (Texas City) at Enterprise Products Company
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Texas City, Texas
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 104th on the FORTUNE 500 and has approximately 6,900 employees. Enterprise’s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its approximately 49,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. The partnership’s service offerings include pipeline transportation and gathering, natural gas processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, import/export capabilities and marketing. Enterprise also has a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.
The Pipeline Operator works a rotating shift, travels and cross-trains in the operations and maintenance of equipment and processes associated with pipeline operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs work at the Marine Terminal
- Maintains liquid storage tank operations (e.g. maximum fill rates, operating pressures, overpressure protection, inventory, product characteristics).
- Performs storage tank degassing tasks, including lock out tag out, tank gauging and work permit composition. .
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of pipelines and associated facilities and equipment.
- Assists the degassing operations and directs contract personnel involved with degassing operations.
- Understand typical drawings and other documentation related to pipeline facilities, including process flow diagrams, pipeline alignment sheets, and other related documentation.
- Coordinates and performs facility inspections on a routine basis.
- Performs waste management activities.
- Participates in excavation awareness programs and maintains relations with emergency responders near pipeline rights of way.
- Responds to operational emergencies as a member of an Area Emergency Response Team.
- Performs other jobs as required for relief assignments.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
Technical certification or equivalent training/experience in a processing plant, pipeline or similar industry is desired.
Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
Prefers 2 years Industrial, Marine Terminal, or Pipeline Experience.
Ability and a requirement to work a rotating 12 hour shift.
Must have a thorough understanding of the operating procedures of the facility, equipment, and tank farm if applicable.
Must be knowledgeable of various products and batch changing operations.
Must be able to perform various mathematical calculations.
Must be able to perform routine maintenance on facilities.
Must be able to successfully complete applicable training of the job (i.e. D.O.T., OSHA, Company)
Must be able to train others.
Must be able to read and understand station flow and pipe line alignment diagrams.
Must be able to learn and perform other jobs as required for relief assignments.
Must perform all duties in a safe manner and in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Must have or be able to obtain a valid TWIC card.