Application Manager at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
We are looking out for an Application
Manager for our project team based out of Bridgewater, NJ
- The Application Manager assumes responsibility of delivering IT
services for applications within agreed service levels and ensures
appropriate level of capacity to fulfill future needs.
- The role is responsible for lifecycle management, driving
continual improvements, and the management of change of the IT service for
applications, ultimately ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- The role also negotiates Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) with
the service providers of underpinning IT services and ensures that the
relevant resources are engaged and coordinated.
- Ensures effective management of IT Services for applications
across their entire lifecycle within an agreed governance model
- Ensures high customer satisfaction
- Negotiates SLAs with customers and BIMs, and OLAs with Service
Providers of underpining services to make sure the customer needs are met
- Approves project handover to operations
- Captures Demand effectively from various areas e.g. Business, IGM,
- Negotiates priorities and ensures availability of appropriate
capacity to deliver
- Contributes to and actively participates in continuous improvement
/ cost reduction programs. Proposes and implements operational improvements,
based on a fair technical and good domain understanding, that provide
value to IT and/or business
- Plan, budget and resource all initiatives requested by the
business area for a particular application(s). Progress is tracked, risks
and issues are managed and changes to plans are communicated regularly to
- Monitors Service Levels, communicates regularly about KPIs to
appropriate stakeholders and defines plans for continuous improvements,
including Service Providers when appropriate
- Manages applications financials and ensures that application
related information is up to date in all relevant systems e.g. Clarity,
I.MAN on a timely basis
- Acts as a first point of escalation for operational issues for all
- Ensures adherence to quality standards
as defined by the IT Organization
- Ensures the applications are audit
ready and provide appropriate response to audit / IGM assessment findings
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or
a related discipline.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate
and interact with peoples at all levels globally
- 8 years of professional experiences in areas such as project
management, software engineering, validation, regulatory and compliance.
Demonstrated ability to lead people.
Domain knowledge: Life Science Domain
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com/or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in militaary service.