MA Pain Management (BVHS) at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Physician, assist in minor office procedures, injections, prescription refills, medication reconciliation, and clerical duties.
- Duty 1: Plans and develops interactions with the medical office for health related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
- Duty 2: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each pain management patient with the appropriate skill level.
- Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
- Duty 4: Collaborates with providers regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan to ensure exceptional efficient patient care.
- Duty 5: Anticipates needs for providers in regards to injectable, supplies, and assists with patient care in the exam room as needed.
- Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge of department and management line of authority and follows proper line of communication.
- Two-year medical assistant diploma, preferred certification (equivalent experience/education will be considered)
- Experience in drawing up injections
- Knowledge of office procedures and equipment
- Typing and medical terminology experience required
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- Experience with processing prescription refill requests preferred
- Experience with glucometer testing preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit two hours a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)