Nursing Assistant - Ortho/Neuro (BVHS) at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to support the licensed staff by giving indirect patient care and performing nursing functions.
Duty 1: Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit/department to facilitate the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 2: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 3: Orders and restocks patient care supplies as needed to provide adequate stock to meet daily patient care needs.
Duty 4: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 5: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for the provision of patient care.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- CPR Certified
- On the job training
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills required.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Medical Terminology
- Medical training
- Experience in a Secretary, Receptionist or Customer Service role
- Accurate typing skills, computer training or experience and CRT training
- Registration experience helpful
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc).