Escalations Support Engineer at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hillsboro, West Virginia
Millions of people visit the Yahoo homepage for news, sports, finance, email, and more.
Escalation Engineer job description
We are looking for a highly energetic individual to be a part of our Yahoo! Small
Business Escalations Engineering team. This position is responsible for design and
development of our service applications and tools. The candidate should possess
strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong communication skills and a high
attention to detail are also important. Knowledge of back end server systems like
apache, apache modules, Perl, php and mysql is required. Ideal candidate should have
past experience working with large enterprise/distributed/web software systems.
To succeed in this position, you must be able to multi-task efficiently -- proactively
identifying open issues and risks to Small Business products and tools, quality or
deadlines, and working with the rest of the project team in getting them resolved. The
candidate should be able to understand complex systems and effectively debug
problems by analyzing, site behavior, server logs and the database. Working knowledge
of back end server systems like apache, apache modules, Perl, php and mysql is
mandatory. Ability to understand and recognize well built websites and web standards is
a plus. You know what it takes to act with appropriate urgency for various kinds of
customer issues, and to exercise utmost care while working on any kind of customer
* Develop complex queries and software programs to solve issues
* Develop software programs for diagnosis and fix automation
* Write detailed technical documents
* Work effectively with Escalations and Engineering to debug complex issues and take
ownership until the issue is resolved
* Develop software fix for product defects
Minimum Job Qualifications
* BS/MS in computer science or related engineering fields
* 4+ years industry experience in software development
* 4+ years of customer support experience
* Excellent programming skills and working knowledge of - php, perl, shell scripts,
MySQL (Ability to program in C++ and php5 is a plus)
* Working knowledge of apache, apache modules
* Fluency with Unix and Unix administration in an enterprise level
* Good understanding of how internet works how sites are hosted and served
* Self-driven, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to multi-task,
good business acumen, and detail-oriented
* Innovative thinker, enjoying challenges and working with cross functional groups
* Broad exposure and knowledge to e-business and internet is a plus
* Prior experience with other hosting environments would be an advantage
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.