Environmental Representative, S&ER - Phoenix at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Battle Mountain, Nevada
Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Join a strong, experienced team where you can contribute to Newmont’s social responsibility by ensuring compliance with environmental permits and plans. This position requires strong interpersonal skills required to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. If you are looking for a job where you can make a difference within the company and to the community, this is the job for you.
- Coordinate environmental compliance, permitting, and closure activities with site operations teams.
- Coordinate S&ER programs, procedures, and employee training.
- Assist in the preparation of environmental compliance reports.
- Assist in the preparation of permit modification applications.
- Maintain records for environmental compliance.
- Assist with evaluating releases, their effect on the environment, the proper method of cleanup and future corrective actions.
- Collaborate regularly with site and regional S&ER team.
- Interact with environmental regulators and local government agencies.
- Assist with environmental regulatory inspections.
- Conduct routine environmental inspections.
- Assist with management of environmental contractors and consultants.
- Assist with RCRA compliance, TRI reporting, Stormwater compliance, ISO 14001 management system, and closure planning and cost accounting programs.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Training & Experience
- BS Degree or related field with no previous experience, OR two years related experience.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and to follow all company and MSHA safety policies required.
- Ability to use and/or learn various computer programs in an effective manner required.
- Ability to work with multiple types of individuals and personalities required.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple, competing priorities in an organized manner required.
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/2015/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.