Project Coordinator (Clerical) at P1 Group
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
P1 Group is seeking a Project Coordinator (clerical position) to work in our Lenexa, KS office.
The candidate must have the following education, skills and abilities.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. An Associates Degree is preferred but not required.
Experience: At least 5 years of administrative assistant, customer service or clerical related experience is required. Previous construction experience is preferred but not required.
Other requirements: Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Computer Skills: The candidate must have accurate typing skills and be proficient in using database, email, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications: specifically, Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows); willing to learn new software applications.
Customer Service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communication Skills - good oral and written communication skills
Summary and Nature of the Work
- A Project Coordinator is an important part of the project management team(s) to which he/she is assigned; he/she is a vital part of good information management for assigned projects. Additionally, he/she provides logistic support and coordination needed to plan and execute important meetings and conferences.
- The position is a clerical role.
- The Coordinator indirectly contributes to the success of the company by effectively and efficiently supporting project managers and, when required, other P1 leaders.
- Administration and Information Management
- Prepares, edits (as needed), requests (as needed), receives, electronically stores in the project folders, and/or monitors basic project management correspondence.
- Processes subcontracts and purchase contracts and maintains appropriate worksheet templates for the project.
- Orders and produces copies of plans and specifications, as needed.
- Expeditiously processes contracts and change orders, when required.
- Sends bid requests and gathers quotes from suppliers, as directed by the Project Manager.
- Collects and reviews certificates of insurance.
- Collects payment and performance bonds from subcontractors and sends them to P1’s insurance company for verification.
- Prepares committed cost reports as required by the Project Manager.
- Prepares and assembles Operations and Maintenance (O&M) manuals and/or CDs.
- Logistics Support and Coordination
- Plans, coordinates, and supports meetings, training sessions, and conferences.
- Coordinates travel for the project managers and, when needed, for Operations Managers and/or Vice Presidents.
About our company
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.
See Job Description