Director - Labor Relations at National Gypsum Company
Posted in Management 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
We have an immediate need for a Director - Labor Relations in our Human Resources Department at the Corporate Headquarters in Charlotte, NC reporting to the Vice President – Human Resources.
This position directs the Company’s labor relations activities at all locations in the administration, coordination and interpretation of the Company’s labor relations policies and objectives. Responsible for maintaining an effective employee and labor relations atmosphere at all operating facilities, along with employment law compliance.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Develop, recommend and coordinate labor relations strategy;
- Provide counsel to management on all matters relating to employee and labor relations to include labor contract negotiations, grievance and arbitration, wage/hour, NLRB matters and general employment law contract administration;
- Plan and conduct all labor contract negotiations and union-related activities to assure compliance with Corporate policies and procedures;
- Provide information, advice and counsel to management on the necessary steps to comply with government regulations on equal employment opportunity and affirmative action;
- Monitor compliance with Federal and State law, as well as Corporate policies and procedures;
- Keep informed on developments and trends in labor contract settlements, employee benefits and related matters;
- Makes recommendations for improvements in wage and benefit programs consistent with the needs of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Industrial Relations;
- Law Degree or Master’s Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations preferred;
- At least ten years’ experience in Labor, Employee or Industrial Relations, including actual negotiating experience with unions and management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills critical.
- Willingness to travel as much as 40% of the time.
- Working in the prestigious SouthPark area of Charlotte;
- Free parking in a modern, friendly, business casual work environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- Retirement Account
- 10 paid holidays
- Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- And more…
Please apply online if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position.
See Job Description