Diesel Mechanic at Waste Connections
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Port Angeles, Washington
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationPort Angeles, Washington
Are you the Best Diesel Mechanic to ever turn a wrench?!
As a member of our world class team of Fleet Mechanics, you will feel like a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our fleet the safest in the industry! Do you love the sound of a pneumatic wrench? Is the use of a flame-cutting tool your idea of a fun day? If the answer is Yes, then you’re who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 41 states, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America”, 3 Years in a Row!
Click here to view a “Day in the Life” of our Mechanics: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/mechanic
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a high energy Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our site located in Port Angeles, WA. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus! This is a day shift position working the hours of 9AM-6PM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain in the future.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed. 45 hours a week average.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain in the future required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Education:High School (Required)